From Cllr Joseph Ejiofor
I write to invite you to a training session specifically for Tottenham local residents and community groups to increase their awareness and use of planning and licensing process. This session will take place on Thursday 11th April 2013 at West Green Learning Centre, Park View School, West Green Road N15 3QR from 6.30pm until 8.00pm.
The West Green and Bruce Grove Area plan contained an action for local community groups to be trained on how to navigate planning and licensing procedures. Committee members requested that this training should aim to make local community groups more aware of which part of the process they need to be making objections at and what type of information they need to collate and put forward at appeals to have an impact on the final licensing and planning decisions being made by the council.
Below is a brief outline of the areas to be covered:
Planning – What town planning is for; the system of plans in England, London and Haringey and how you can get involved?
Planning – Development Management – how it works and how to get involved as an applicant/local resident
Planning – Enforcement – how it works – how you should react if you get an enforcement enquiry about your site/building and how to use planning enforcement to improve your local area.
- Licensing – What is licensing; the Council’s licensing policy; making a licensing application; guide to making representations; Licensing Committee Hearings.
Issues that will be covered
- Principles of town planning and Plans/DM/Enforcement
- The basics
- Legislative basis
- Government, London, Haringey Guidance and Policy
- How it works in Haringey? Planning Sub-Committee
- Consultation on Planning Policy
- Engagement – How to get involved (applicant/local, resident/local, group/business)
- Some examples of how it works (e.g. case studies, real life examples)
- Advice – FAQs Most common Questions and Answers
- Signpost to available support and guidance
Planning and licensing officers will attend training session and provide a presentation with slides and handouts . There will also be an opportunity for local community groups to meet with officers and ask questions.
I hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to meet with the Licensing and planning officers of the council and to attend this informative session .
Please can you advise firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to attend as she will collate numbers and ensure there are enough information packs available at the session.